Thursday, May 19, 2011

A Taste of What's to Come

Here are some examples of what I will likely post in the future. However, these are sort of pieced together from old fb status updates. I think that the future posts will likely be longer quotes or funny/touching stories. But, just so you can smile with me today, here's a little taste of what SDBS will be like:

I was listening to Chuck Smith, and Skyler came in. I told him I was listening to Pastor Chuck. He pointed to the computer and said, "Papa Chuck". :)

Serene and I talked about the fall of man and heaven today. She was so excited to talk about what heaven will be like and who we will meet there. (It should be noted she was most excited about the lack of germs.)

Serene and I made her a passport today. :) It was fun. She wanted it to look just like my real one.

Serene told me tonight, "I know why we celebrate Easter. Because some people nailed Jesus to a cross, and then He died and they put Him in a cave and put a stone in front. But then an angel came and moved the stone and Jesus was alive! -- Mommy told me." It was so cute! Stephani, you are doing a great job.

Serene found the BEST book at the library. It's called "How to Get Married, by Me, the Bride". And basically everyone should read it so you don't make mistakes like marrying a cat, or not washing your hair, or getting married in the dark.

Today, I looked at my nephew and said, "I love you." He smiled brightly into my eyes, reached out and replied, "I love fire truck." I then realized he was showing me the truck in his hand.

Today, I was talking to Serene about my failure to find an open seat near an outlet at Starbucks. Skyler decided to join the conversation by adding, "Daddy at Starbuck." Daddy, by the way is at work, which Skyler informs us of regularly throughout each weekday.

Feel free to comment with quotes/stories of your own. If I get enough, I'll do a compilation post. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment