Thursday, May 19, 2011

Not Another Blog About Cute Kids

I realize that as you read this you fall into one of two categories. Either you know me, and therefore likely read my other blog (The Extra 'A'), or you have accidentally stumbled upon my blog. I also realize that either way, you may have some presupposed ideas of what you might find on this blog. My hope is that you will be pleasantly surprised by its content as I share with you some of the joys that come from living with my niece and nephew. They are a couple of crazy kids that I love to pieces. But that are also extremely silly sometimes (as kids tend to be) and often say things that range from profound to absurd. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
This first post is simply an introduction, and hopefully is just the iceberg of the fun it will produce in the weeks, months and maybe years to come.


Let me start the fun part of my post by introducing the characters who will grace the virtual pages of this production.

My niece Serene is five years old going on 13 and is anything but what her name implies. She is loud, boisterous and hyper on a good day. And it is on those days that she often makes me laugh so hard I cry. On a bad day, her rebellious spirit comes out, but upon rebuke she is very repentant and comes to epiphanies that rival those of great philosophers and theologians.


Her brother Skyler is two. He is learning to talk and potting training. With just that, I would have plenty of comic material, but then, add a grumpy personality, and I've got a character to rival any comedic role of history. He is mostly just a man's boy, with a love for cars and hot dogs, but he has a great sweet side, and loves his sister to distraction.


One of the best and worst things about this pair is that they are desperately adorable. The reason I find it terrifying is that they know how cute they are. I take full responsibility for that (although some of the blame could fall on any of my family members). They have been told from birth how adorable they are, and have consequently learned to use it to their advantage.


In summary, they are like every other sibling group from a nurturing home, but as their Tee-Tee Rachael, I am inclined to believe they are much greater, extremely better looking, and full of more potential than any other brother and sister to grace this green planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment